With inventory now being very low and prices on the way up a lot of New Home Builders are coming back on the scene, the predominant ones in Central Florida being Beazer Homes, Meritage Homes, Lennar Homes, David Weekley, Ryland Homes, KB Homes, etc. Investors and home buyers are are gravitating to the new homes for a variety of reasons:
- The price differential between the new and existing homes isn’t as big as it used to be
- There is a builder’s warranty on the home
- Most builders are giving incentives to buyers
- Updated building Codes
- Higher efficiency
- Less Maintenance
OH CRAP… I wish I had known earlier! Here is where most buyers go wrong and by the time they find out it is too late. Most buyers will see a New Home Builder sign and walk right into the Model Home center and start talking to the Sales Rep and after the nice spiel and the tour of the model homes some go straight to writing up the contract.
- Will you go to court and hope your opponent’s lawyer will defend you?
- Will you undergo major surgery without getting a second opinion?